SOSV is hosting its first virtual Sustainable Industry Tech matchup from December 4 to 8, 2023. Modeled after our very popular Climate Tech and Health Tech Matchups, this virtual event will bring together 500 startups and 500 investors for short introduction meetings over a week at their convenience. (see data here)
Previous matchups we ran in Climate Tech and Health Tech have received high praise from investors and founders alike. Here is some of their feedback:
- “Right stage and areas. High quality meetings.” (investor)
- “Great structured info, and decks included to confirm interest.” (investor)
- “Hands-down the most value we’ve ever received.” (startup)
- “I had more VC meetings in a week than in the past 6 months.” (startup)
Who should attend?
Our definition for “Sustainable Industry Tech” is broad and encompasses any startup working to make all industries more sustainable, whether the thrust is climate, environment, automation, manufacturing, efficiency, distribution, localization, or more. If you are a founder of an early stage startup in this space or an investor, we encourage you to participate.
Exhibit 1: Data of Registrants (Startups and Investors)
What’s in it for me?
Our goal for this event is two-fold:
- To help investors find high quality deal-flow and connect with promising founders early
- To help SOSV and non-SOSV startup founders meet new investors, as well as connect with other founders in the ecosystem.
This is a great opportunity to expand your network and make lifelong relationships. All participants will be vetted to ensure they are a good fit for this matchup.
I want to attend. How does this work?
Step 2 – After your application is approved, we will send you a link to the Grip platform, where you can see all participants and request meetings. Starting Nov 20, participants can send meeting requests.
Step 3 – From Dec 4-8: conduct meetings on Grip (or outside Grip beyond this date)
The event is completely free to attend with no hidden fees. In return, we ask participants to observe the following guidelines:
- Please provide key company details in your meeting requests to help orient investors.
- Target meeting requests to relevant VCs for the best response rate.
- Be responsive to meeting requests, if only to reply “not a fit.”
- Accept and conduct at least one meeting during this event.
Q: How does SOSV define industrial technology?
We use the following taxonomy to help categorize the participating startups and investor interest:
|AI / ML||CLIMATE||FUELS||ROBOTICS|
|AR / VR||CONSTRUCTION||INDUSTRIAL IOT||SAAS|
Q: What is the duration of meetings?
- Duration: Meetings will run for 20 minutes with a 10 minutes buffer + the option to extend.
Q: Can I connect outside the platform?
- Yes. It’s easy to arrange meetings on the platform, but it’s also fine to use other platforms. Some participants, for example, offer their Calendly to set up meetings using Zoom, Teams, Meet, etc.
- All participants shared their LinkedIn URL so you can connect there too.
Q: Why is SOSV doing this?
- A key focus of SOSV is Sustainable Technologies, a category in which we’ve backed over 100 startups. This event supports the development of this ecosystem by helping founders find relevant investors.
Q: Can I partner with SOSV or sponsor this event?
- We welcome marketing partners, media partners, and others. Let’s talk. Please reach out at email@example.com